You must be well aware of the fact that social media is the most popular and effective way for businesses to get engaged with their target audiences. It is also likely that you post regularly on Facebook and even respond diligently to a few tweets. But why is it such a big deal?
Well, it is a fact that more than 92% of small business owners use social media. They consider it to be highly beneficial to them. Why? Here it is.
For beginners, social media can help you to:
- Gain more followers.
- Build better brand recognition.
- Foster a community.
- Grow the bottom line around your business.
Because the number of global social media users is expected to reach 2.5 billion this year, you will hardly find a better platform to find and use to get connected to your ideal audience.
And with Instagram having nearly one billion of them, there is no better platform across the social media networks to use for the benefits of your business. Even if you can get to drive one per cent of those Instagram followers towards your site, you will have an incredible rise in the traffic count to your site.
Getting started with social media
What is the best way in which you can use social media to drive more traffic to your site? The following simple points are proven to be effective and result-driven:
To get started with social media for your business you must first believe that, especially if you are just entering into this incredible world of web, the only options that you have are not the giants like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. All of them are fantastic options no doubt and maybe somewhat essential for any type of business, but actually, several other options are worth looking into as well. For example:
- Pinterest: Share any visual content such as images and infographics from your blog posts.
- Reddit: This is another useful platform through which you can prove your knowledge about the industry to your audience and of course, get engaged with a larger and more dedicated community.
- Tumblr: Use Tumblr in the best possible way to create a multimedia diary which will, in turn, support your primary website.
- Google+: Boost your SEO by sharing your content on this very own platform of Google.
- Snapchat: Show the behind-the-scenes activities of your business through a well-crafted video.
The list could go on but these are the major social media platforms that most businesses often look to use for their brand and product promotions.
Follow your customers
However, with so many options available to you, and each of these having different features and functionality to offer, it may be difficult to decide which specific platform you should focus on.
The easiest way to proceed is to follow and know your customers. For this you will have to:
- Research the demographics of each platform
- Collect data on several aspects and
- Know about the key statistics.
This will help to gain an understanding of your audience and their social media platform preferences. Here, you can determine whether or not those demographics fit within your buyer personas.
The importance of targets
The next important thing to do to make your social media marketing efforts a success is to know your target market and audience and how they relate to your specific type of business. They should align properly with your business as well as your marketing goals.
Just like in any other form of a marketing campaign, the foundation of your social media success and activity should be your goals. You will need to know and analyze different metrics for that, commonly known as the Key Performance Indicators or KPIs in the industry.
These metrics will help you to know whether or not you are moving in the right direction to gain more followers, directing them towards your site.
Measure your success
You will need to measure your achievements now and then, especially after you accomplish a goal. This is the best possible way to measure your success and know exactly how much traffic you are driving to your main website.
When you measure your accomplishments regularly, it will help you in ways more than one, such as:
- In determining whether or not the platform you are working on is effective.
- In finding out whether or not there are is a large enough audience on that specific platform to tap, attract and engage with to raise the number of traffic count to your site.
- Whether there is any scope to make any further development in your social media marketing strategy.
Until you have a significant number of active users on your business’s social media platform, you will struggle to entice them to visit your site.
Lastly, your goals
Last but most importantly, you should know your goals beforehand. That way, you can create a proper plan to achieve them. Make sure that you have small and easy to achieve goals. Move onto the bigger ones you’ve achieved the smaller ones. This will provide you with a morale boost and encourage you to keep ongoing.
Your goals can be anything from growing the number of followers in due time or increasing social referral traffic.
Continue Reading: 5 Effective Social Media Marketing Tips That Can Impact Your Brand Sales
Walter Moore is a notable management consultant and digital marketing expert. He is an experienced digital marketer and has helped e-commerce businesses in all niches gain with his effective marketing strategies and guidance.
Thanks a lot for doing such a terrific job.