Copywriter Collective is now accepting guest blog posts!
Are you a copywriter, freelance writer, or advertising & marketing expert? Share your work and life experiences with our community of copywriters and advertising creatives!
How To Be A Copywriter offers insider advice on how to write, how to find work, how to manage freelance projects, how to communicate effectively, and everything else from the world of copywriting and marketing. Our blog also includes personal stories from the lives of our copywriters and freelancers, including balancing work & personal time, working from home with a family, and better work habits for your overall health.
Whether a freelancer, a co-founder, working at an agency, or just starting out in the business…there is always something new to discover!
Write for us and join our magazine team of copywriting experts!
We are currently seeking articles on the following topics:
- Are you a parent working from home? How do you manage your life work balance?
- Share your tips for maintaining your physical, mental and/or emotional health with an ever-changing freelance schedule.
- Time or space management tips: Have more than one job or several clients to balance on a daily basis? Or, do you share a workspace with others? How do you manage a regular work routine without losing your cool?
- What motivates you when you are looking to learn new things or find inspiration for your work? Share your favorite books, TED talks, podcasts, websites, and other sources.
- What skills do you think are needed to be a copywriter in today’s world, aside from the obvious requirements? What special tools or unique skills have helped you in gaining more work opportunities?
- Share your expert advice on a speciality topic: SEO, translation, content design, marketing, etc.
- What are some of the biggest changes in advertising in the last decade? This can explore how customers see ads, how agencies now work, and so on.
- What new brands really stand out for their great copy?
- Which famous ad creatives do you admire and why?
- Have a favorite ad campaign you have seen in the last year? What is it and why do you love it from a professional point of view?
- Agency life vs. freelancing: Pros & Cons of each.
- Have you ever walked away from a regular agency salary to focus on a personal project or start your own company? Why and what was the result?
- Best & worst types of clients: Share your advice on what to look out for, what to ask upfront, and how to avoid the pitfalls of a bad client experience.
- How do you balance finding new client opportunities when you already have a demanding workload?
- Gig culture: Are you a travel and work-from-anywhere guy or gal? Or trying to get away from small gigs and move back into an in-house position? Tell us how you work and why you prefer or don’t prefer the current gig culture of freelance writing jobs.
Have another idea for an article you don’t see here? Great! First, please make sure it falls within one of our regular topics of copywriting skills or life as a copywriter. And posts with a little bit of comedy are also appreciated!
Guest Post Guidelines:
Before submitting an article or story pitch, please carefully read the following guidelines. All articles and pitches must adhere to our guidelines, otherwise, we cannot guarantee a response.
- Please note that this is not a paid post. However, we do offer you full credit and links to your website(s) or blog in exchange for publication.
- All posts must be free of grammatical and spelling errors. Please double check before submitting. We accept posts following either British or American English spelling rules.
- All articles must be between 800-1200 words.
- Our readers are mostly copywriters, freelance writers, art & creative directors, and other marketing professionals. Please keep your article informative and interesting with this audience in mind. A good sense of humor is also appreciated.
- Don’t submit to simply promote a product or business. Interact with our readers and use first person accounts.
- Please backlink to all relevant sources if mentioning quotes, studies, data, etc. You are also free to include backlinks to other articles you have published when relevant.
- All images within an article must be copyright free and limited to 1MB, with a limit of 2-3 images per article. When submitting an article, please provide source links proving that the images are copyright free. If you submit an article and attach photos without a source link, we won’t be able to use your images.
- We are currently seeking only original articles not previously published.
- We now publish only once per week. Therefore, due to the number of submissions, we cannot guarantee immediate publication. Please keep that in mind when writing about a time-sensitive topic, such as an upcoming holiday, etc.
- You should hear back from us within two weeks after you submit your article. But please be patient as it may take a little longer. Until then, please do not resubmit.
Guest Post Publication:
If your article is selected for publication, please keep in mind the following.
- We will contact you via email confirming any editorial changes that may need to be made and to confirm the date of publication.
- Upon confirmation, we will request the following for you author profile: A short 2-4 sentence bio and a small headshot no greater than 1MB. Please include all relevant links to your website, blog and/or social media within your bio.
- We have the right to edit your article or title if there are spelling errors or a problem according to WordPress’ readability score.
- We can publish your article on social media channels and will give you appropriate credit as the author.
- The author has the right to re-publish the article as long as they credit Copywriter Collective and provide a backlink to the original post.
- We currently do not pay for guest posts. However, we are happy to promote your name and expertise by providing direct links to your website(s) or blog.
Please submit your guest post article, story idea or questions to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!